Re: [AMBER] Problem with covalently bonded ligand parametrization

From: Gustavo Avelar Molina <gustavoavelarmolina.usp.br>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 23:59:03 +0000

Hi, David.

Thanks for your help. I didn't managed to solve this problem yet, but I've
figured out that the protein alone works, so the problem must be associated
to the residue modification, as you said.

I've been using the tutorials B0 and B5 too.

About the protein modification... The ligand structure as well as its
atomic charges were obtained from ab initio optimization using ORCA and
CHELPG method. After that, the pdb file was obtained through conversion
using Open Babel. The mol2 file as well as the parameters for the molecule
were obtained through antechamber (except the charges, that I've replaced
by that obtained from ORCA/CHELPG), just as the Antechamber tutorial
indicates. On PyMol, I deleted the hydrogen atom linked to a sulfur atom
from a cysteine residue in the protein, as well as a whole cysteine residue
that was linked to the ligand. Then I selected the sulfur atom from the
protein and the carbon atom from the ligand, and unite them by using the
"fuse" command. The pdb file was finally saved and used as I explained
before.

Regards,

Gustavo