Re: [AMBER] MMGBSA: interpretation of results

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 20:37:02 +0200

Maybe the question was silly or I failed to communicate it correctly

What I’m trying to establish is whether ligand binding favours or disfavours binding of two chains of a homodimer.

Assuming two consecutive MD simulations involving:

1. A homodimer (chainA-chainB)
2. the same homodimer plus ligand X (chainA-X-chainB-X)

and treating chainA of the homodimer as the receptor and chainB as ligand would it be legitimate to assume that dimerisation is favoured if deltaG (chainA-X-chainB-X) < deltaG (chainA-chainB) ?

The second question is whether stripping the ligand from (2) would lead to perturbations such that a comparison of deltaGs (chainA-chainB) from the two trajectories is meaningless.