[AMBER] AMBERHOME environment variable setting problem

From: Gustavo Avelar Molina <avelarmolinagustavo.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 15:15:16 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues when trying to install the AmberTools15 on Linux
14.04.2 LTS. The AMBERHOME doesn't seem to be properly set.

I've set the AMBERHOME environment variable using the following command:

export AMBERHOME=/home/myname/amber14

And I've tried to configure the compilation through the following command:

sudo ./configure -mpi gnu

Then, when I try to configure, I get the following message:

Checking for updates...
Warning: AMBERHOME [None] differs from expected [/home/myname/amber14].
         No changes will be made until this is fixed
Checking for available patches online. This may take a few seconds...

Available AmberTools 15 patches:

No patches available

Your AMBERHOME environment variable is not set! It should be set to
/home/myname/amber14 NOT doing so may cause errors when you compile.
Configure failed due to the errors above!

I used the following command to check the set:

echo $AMBERHOME

But everything seemed to be OK, as the following print confirms:

/home/myname/amber14/

I've used sudo in the configuration step because I had issues concerning
the AMBERHOME environment variable when trying to make install. Also, I
wasn't able to run the Amber programs from a prior installation of Amber14,
and I think that it has something to do with this improper variable set.

So, I'm stuck. I would like some help to solve this problem.

With regards,

Gustavo