Re: [AMBER] Problem with amb2gmx in AmberTools 15

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 07:33:46 -0400

On Wed, May 20, 2015, Soumendranath Bhakat wrote:

> As per your advise I executed the above mentioned command. It generated
> some files especially the following
>
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 sbhakat sbhakat 136119 maj 20 11:11 ambpdb

The file above is the "old" ambpdb executable file. You want the amb2gmx.pl
Perl script to use this executable, not the one in $AMBERHOME/bin.

> In the am2gmx.py there is an option to add the path which seems to me
> here my $command = "cat $crd_filename | ambpdb.o -atm -p
> $prmtop_filename > $pdb_filename";

This doesn't make sense (to me, at least.) "ambpdb.o" is a compiled object
file (not an executable file) and it would not make sense to have that in a
pipe.

Try replacing "ambpdb.o" above with "/home/sbhakat/amber14/AmberTools/src/etc/ambpdb".
That will cause the amb2gmx.pl script to use the "old" version of ambpdb,
which is what you want.

(I'll note again that I'm just giving general advice here--I've never used
amb2gmx.pl, and it is not a part of Amber.)

....dac