Re: [AMBER] Changing two conditions simultaneously in pmemd

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:07:07 -0700

This is mostly moot since 'reproducibility' means being able to reproduce someone's conclusions and not their specific results. Something that a lot of funding agencies don't seem to understand when they talk about reproducibility and making data available etc etc. But my reading of the text in the paper

is that they likely just ran 20ps with restraint blah, then another 20ps with restrain blah*0.x then another 20ps with blahx0.y etc etc. I don't see anything in that wording which refers to the term 'steadily' or 'linearly' decreasing restraints. I'd look in the supplemental material to figure out what they actually did - if it is not there then that is a little sloppy in terms of specifying the methodology used etc.

At the end of the day though, who the hell cares. If you have to reproduce their protocol exactly to reproduce their conclusions then the conclusions are worthless.

All the best
Ross