Re: [AMBER] DOPC lipid bilayer in Amber using lipid14 force field.

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 11:03:23 -0700

Hi Him,

You are running a simulation here with anisotropic pressure scaling so it is perfectly reasonable that the shape of your simulation box can change during the simulation. The structure from Charmm-gui is most definitely not equilibrated and lipid membranes are somewhat fluid structures so it is not unreasonable to expect the ratio of the box lengths to change.

Note your volume - 68^3 = 314,432 A^3 vs 76x59x69 = 309,396 A^3 represents only a 1.7% change so your density has not changed very much despite the relative box lengths changing.

All the best
Ross