Re: [AMBER] QM/MM Protein-Ligand interaction w/cofactor

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 17:04:03 -0300

Hi William,

If I can offer one advice it is that, before you do QM/MM MD on this system, make sure you can run a regular MD with it first. Usually, the protocol I like to follow is to first minimize/heat/equilibrate system with regular MD, and only then turn on QM. Then, you may want to run a short equilibration on the QM/MM hamiltonian first before you can start collecting data.

BTW, notice that just because it has “QM” in the name it doesn’t mean the hamiltonian will necessarily be better than a well balanced force field, unless you are dealing with then making/breaking of chemical bonds, or some special charge transfer effects.

Good luck!
Gustavo Seabra