Re: [AMBER] Problems with Amber installation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:40:14 -0400

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Pinchas Aped <aped.biu.ac.il> wrote:

> Dear Prof. Monard
>
> Thanks a lot for your quick response.
>
> Before attempting the parallel installation, I typed -
>
> which mpif90
>
> and the response was -
>
> /usr/local/bin/mpif90
>
> Thus, I have assumed that a parallel compiler is installed in my system and
> Is available via the default path.

​The configure error shows:
Unable to compile F90 code with the command:
mpif90 -c testF90_main.F90

Which means that the compiler doesn't work, even if it can be found. Try
going to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src, and see if there is a program called
"testF90_main.F90" somewhere there.

If it's there, try running that command by hand:

mpif90 -c testF90_main.F90

and see what happens. Does it work? What is the output of "mpif90 -show"?

Also, mpif90 is in /usr/local, which suggests to me that you built it
yourself. How did you build it? What MPI did you install?

Another thing you can try is to install either mpich or OpenMPI using the
"configure_mpich" or "configure_openmpi" scripts in
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University