Re: [AMBER] Implicit solvent simulation with Andersen thermostat

From: Glenn Carrington [bs10g3c] <bs10g3c.leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:59:42 +0000

Thanks very much for the information.
I initially used the Langevin thermostat as per the AMBER tutorial, but it took ages to get 100 steps on the GPU. Switched to Berendsen and the GPU simulation ran noticeably faster. I have not got the timings to hand, but I'm guessing a x2 speed increase at least. However, as mentioned I don't think I can use this thermostat with implicit solvent. As the structure has 47,000 atoms, do you think the difference between Anderson and Langevin will be more pronounced due to the system size? I'm hoping so, as the simulation will be painfully slow otherwise. Also do you know what is a good setting for vrand?
I'm not familiar with using nmropt to guide the equilibration temp. Hope you don't mind me being cheeky, but could you possibly cut and paste a sample of your input file to provide some guidance? Don't worry about it if it is inconvenient though.
The RMSD idea sounds good. I'll try it out.
Thanks again!