[AMBER] trouble running pmemd.cuda

From: Brian Radak <brian.radak.accts.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:30:23 -0500

I've been able to successfully compile pmemd.cuda on a new desktop running
Ubuntu 14.04 with a Quadro K2200 (I know it probably won't be fast, but it
has Kepler architecture so it should be good for small tests).

This was my sequence:
configure -cuda gnu
make -j8
cd test && make test.cuda

However all of the tests error out and most or all give the msg:

cudaMemcpyToSymbol: SetSim copy to cSim failed invalid device symbol

Suggestions?

Possibly relevant - Without thinking I originally installed cuda 7.0. I
then had to uninstall that as well as the updated driver (346 or
something?) and then install the "old" 6.5/340 toolkit/driver. I don't
*think* that was a problem, bc I can compile and run the cuda-samples.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Radak