Re: [AMBER] Drifting molecules despite strong restraints

From: Sanmeet Chahal <schah063.uottawa.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:18:19 -0400

Hello all,

Thank-you for the reply Jason. I am interested in the non-bonded only
dynamics so I think ntf = 7 is the right choice. Also I have changed to
doing NVT heating over 20 ps which maintains the atoms in their current
position as you said. However at the end of this process the water density
is too low (around 0.63 g/cc) so I think that means I should do an NPT
equilibration to bring the water density to its equilibrium value, but this
again produces the drifting issue.

All the .in, inpcrd, prmtop and .out (equil-file.out shows the water
density being equilibrated):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d7nrfga8nwr112u/AACNmY-LQNd04_SEcOSUSfrAa?dl=0

Here are the steps I take: 1) Minimize, 2) Heat at NVT for 20 ps, 3)
Equilibrate at NPT

Here are the commands I used:

sander -O -i min.in -o min-file.out -p file.prmtop -c file.inpcrd \
               -r min-file.rst -inf min-file.mdinfo -ref file.inpcrd

sander -O -i heat.in -o heat-file.out -p file.prmtop -c min-file.rst -r
heat-file.rst \
                 -x heat-file.mdcrd -inf heat-file.mdinfo -ref file.inpcrd

sander -O -i e <http://heat.in/>quil.in -o equil-file.out -p file.prmtop -c
heat-file.rst -r equil-file.rst \
                 -x equil-file.mdcrd -inf equil-file.mdinfo -ref file.inpcrd

Is there a way I can equilibrate the water density while keeping the
restrained molecules in the same position?

Thank-you,
Sanmeet