Re: [AMBER] On the clustering of the ligand position within the cavity

From: Kenneth Huang <kennethneltharion.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:23:21 -0400

James,

My guess to your RMS jump is there's a change in your trajectory that's
being swallowed up or cutoff in your clusters so you're not seeing it. I'd
go and check the trajectory itself after centering to see if something
weird is happening, which should give an idea.

You can also try adding in 'nofit' into the clustering command, since I
think it might do an RMS fit again to your ligand and override your
previous RMS fit, but I'm not sure on that count.

To answer your second set of questions-

You can specify RMS cutoff with epsilon #- it replaces the clusters command
in the script, where you can specify the RMS cutoff as # of angstroms.
Clustering just produces a set limit of clusters, though I'm hazy on how
the RMS for those are calculated.

For your second question, assuming I'm interpreting it correctly, yes, you
can fit a stripped trajectory to a corresponding reference. It's probably
best to have a reference structure that would correspond to the stripped
trajectory, ie a stripped pdb file, starting frame/structure, etc.

Best,

Kenneth