Re: [AMBER] HMR

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:27:31 -0400

hi Adrian and others,

we indeed benefit from your team's work. We went ahead using 4 fs in
Amber14 pmemd GPU and got this paper:

"Folding simulations for proteins with diverse topologies are accessible in
days with a physics-based force field and implicit solvent"
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja5032776

(sadly we published this paper 1/2 year before yours so can not cite it)

So far we run extremely long MD/REMD (up to 50 microsecond with single run
and few ms aggregated data). 4 fs + pmemd.cuda works really well with GB
simulation (have not extensively run TIPP3 yet). And the speeds are
amazingly fast. (tables in supp).

PS (to others): like Adrian said, it is very straight forward to use 4fs.
Just use ParmEd (we used default option) to update masses
(via HMassRepartitioning command) in topology file and go ahead changing dt
= 0.002 to dt = 0.004 (and enjoy the speeding up).

Best
Hai