Re: [AMBER] Evaluating hydrogen boding lifetime

From: Vijay Achari <glycoamber.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 00:50:20 +0800

Dear Dan,

Below is the example you gave to explain on how the calculation of HB can
done with raw data.

HB1-1 HB1-2
1 0
0 1
1 0
1 1

Using the method I illustrated before you'd come up with an average of
(5 / 4 = 1.25). However, the actual answer of how often is HB1
involved in a hydrogen bond is clearly all 4 frames, since when HB1-1
is broken, HB1-2 is formed, so its always involved in some kind of
hydrogen bond. So to do what you want you will need to write out the
raw time series data, sum up the columns corresponding to the hydrogen
bonds you are interested in, then run 'lifetime' analysis on that data
set. So using the above sets as an example, the set I would actually
run lifetime analysis on would look like:

Relating to the above example, I understand that we need to add the "1"s
and divide by total number of lines.

(total of all "1"s) / (total rows with "1"s)

So how with the example below? (I modified the above sample).

HB1-1 HB1-2
1 0
0 1
1 0
1 1
0 1
0 0
0 0

For the above example is the the average is 6/7 or 6/5. The number 7
stand for total number of rows and the later stand for rows with the
presence of "1" (at least once).

Means do I need to count the total rows or the rows with the occurrence of
"1" only?

Your explanation would help me to write the script.

Thanks.