Re: [AMBER] RNA Simulation

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.muni.cz>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 20:16:10 +0100 (MET)

Dear Jacob,

it is rather impossible to PREDICT 3D structure by
atomistic simulations (you need to compare the time
scale of the simulation with the time scale of real
dynamics).

Look into these papers, where we discuss such problems.

Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Nucleic Acids. From Tetranucleotides to
the Ribosome. Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 5, 2014, 1771-1782.

Computer Folding of RNA Tetraloops? Are We There Yet? Journal of Chemical
Theory and Computation, 9, 2013, 2115-2125.

Molecular dynamics simulations of G-DNA and perspectives on the simulation
of nucleic acid structures. Methods, 57, 2012, 25-39

In principle, unbiased (standard) simulations mimic real dynamics
of the molecules from a given starting structure so, 100 ns is 100 ns.
There are enhanced sampling methods, but they introduce additional
nontrivial approximations, collective variables etc.

Jiri