Re: [AMBER] Lipid14 POPE lipids

From: Joseph Baker <bakerj.tcnj.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:08:57 -0400

Hi Ross,

Thanks. We've been testing with increasing mcbarint (starting from the end
of our Hold simulations of our lipids), and with an mcbarint = 10,000 there
does not seem to be much noticeable improvement, however with an mcbarint =
50,000 our POPE 128 lipid bilayer seems to be keeping a roughly constant
area per lipid of ~ 55.3 A^2 over the first 50 ns of simulation so far
(from my understanding, in the limit of very large mcbarint I am coming
closer to running an NVT simulation, and so this is just telling me that
the box size at the conclusion of the Hold simulations is pretty good?). Is
there anything to be wary of when using such a large mcbarint compared to
the default (mcbarint=100)?

Thanks,
Joe

--