Re: [AMBER] Tutorial B0

From: Sanmeet Chahal <schah063.uottawa.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 17:11:17 -0400

Hello all,

Sorry to bring up an old issue, but I was reading the amber14 manual and on
page 245 found the following example:

# Make atoms 40, 41, 42, and 57 a new LJ type with 0s for

# their parameters to remove all of their LJ interactions

# with every other atom

addLJType .40-42,57 0.0 0.0

I'm confused because it seems that having the epsilon as 0.0 was what was
causing the segfault when I ran the run minimization step of Tutorial B0
because after changing the epsilon to be a non-zero value the error stopped
occurring. Could some one please explain when it is ok to set LJ parameters
to 0 and when they could cause an error?

I have experimented with setting different values of epsilon and found that
no error occurred when epsilon is 1E-25 but the segfault occurs when
epsilon is 1E-30.

Thank-you,

Sanmeet