Re: [AMBER] Problem with Creating Unit for Non-standard N-Cap Residue

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 17:56:43 +0100

Dear Tao,

the generic X-CM=CM-X dihedral FF parameter:
X -CM-CM-X 4 2.66000000e+01 180.0 2.
-> there are four paths

The specific CA-CM=CM-CA dihedral FF parameter:
CA-CM-CM-CA 1 6.65000000e+00 180.0 2.
-> there is a single path
you should also find:
HA-CM-CM-HA 1 6.65000000e+00 180.0 2.
CA-CM-CM-HA 1 6.65000000e+00 180.0 2.

2 CA-CM-CM-HA + 1 CA-CM-CM-CA + HA-CM-CM-HA = X -CM-CM-X

both FF representations (specific vs generic) fortunately lead to the
same energy value; however PyRED generates only specific FF parameters
and transforms the Amber generic FF parameters into specific ones
before to print them in the frcmod.known/correspondence files. I think
you misunderstand the dihedral profile or I misunderstood your
question ;-)
See http://ambermd.org/doc6/html/AMBER-sh-19.3.html#sh-19.3
  (the problem is that in this documentation the figures are missing;
try to find a paper version)

my feeling is that if the double bond is 'trans' in your input
structure (if I use your terminology; may-be 'E' vs 'Z' would be more
correct) it will remains 'trans' during MD at 300K (or after geometry
optimization). similarly if the double bond is 'cis' in your input
structure it will remains 'cis' at 300 K.

regards, Francois