Re: [AMBER] Inability to use antechamber on Anion

From: <hannes.loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 07:50:52 +0000

The AM1/BCC charges were designed to match the higher level RESP charges. Since you already have started using Gaussian (but you would need to run at the appropriate level of theory which is HF 6-31G* if memory serves well) you could just add a second run to compute the input charge for this method. For a small molecule like yours this is fairly cheap. I am not so sure if AM1/BCC charges for BF4- is such a good idea,