Re: [AMBER] Tutorial B0

From: Sanmeet Chahal <schah063.uottawa.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:25:27 -0500

Hello all,

I am still trying to troubleshoot this issue and after testing my procedure
with many different molecules I think that the issue is coming from the
presence of an O-H bond. I followed the same procedure as outlined in the
first post and the segfault only occurs for molecules when they have an O-H
bond even if the rest of the molecule is kept identical.

Here's the link to all of the prmtop and inpcrd files for the runs I did:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dd9rjlklkcs9kr1/AAAQ4pKcR8r0mgMzX-hfOS3oa?dl=0

Contents of the link:
*t0s0 = N-methylformamide (no errors - no O-H)
*t0s1 = acetic acid (segfault occcurs - contains O-H)
*t0s2 = propanal (no error - no O-H)
*t0s3 = propanoic acid (segfault occurs - contains O-H)
*t0s4 = methanol (segfault occurs - contains O-H)
*t0s5 = methanal (no error - no O-H)
*t0s6 = methylamine (no error - no O-H)
*t0s7 = diaminomethane (no error - no O-H)
*t0s8 = cyclopentane (no error - no OH)
*t0s9 = benzene (no error - no O-H)
*t0s10 = 4-methylpyridine (no error - no O-H)
*t0s11 = guanidinium (no error - no O-H) I realize that in the first email
I said that the run failed when I tried with guanidinium but that occurred
because the mol2 file used to produce the prmtop and inpcrd files for that
run contained both guanidinium and acetic acid so it was probably the
presence of the acetic acid's O-H that was causing the segfault.
*t0s12 = water (segfault occurs = contains O-H)

In the link you will also find the *.in files I used. I also included the
custom frcmod files and mol2 I use to generate the prmtop and inpcrd files
for *t0s1 and *t0s2.

Let me know if you have any idea of what is causing this error or if you
have made any progress on the issue.

Best wishes,
Sanmeet