Re: [AMBER] mm-pbsa & extra-point

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 20:36:04 -0500

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Emilio Angelina <
emilioluisangelina.hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason
>
> So, if ​extra points do not work with the GB code how do you think i could
> compute the complex DeltaG considering the extra point. There is an easy to
> do that?

You can try deleting the extra point and transferring its charge back to
the heavy atom it was attached to. You could also try using LIE instead of
MM/PBSA (in sander, it's referred to as linear response theory, or LRT).
It should be documented in the manual.

I would recommend reading up on the literature regarding LIE if you are
unfamiliar with it.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University