Re: [AMBER] How to calculate interaction energy between any two residues of one protein

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 07:45:32 -0500

> On Mar 4, 2015, at 12:04 AM, danieldefoe <daniel.defoe.cadd.outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all, Could we use Amber to calculate interaction energy between any two residues of one protein? I tried with this command: MMPBSA -i filename.in -d filename.dat -do filename2.dat -sp complex_solvated.prmtop -cp complex.prmtop -x filename.mdcrd Is this correct?

You can get something resembling the interaction energy between two residues using MM/PBSA decomposition analysis. The command-line you used looks OK, except you need to use MMPBSA.py instead of MMPBSA.

But your input file matters as much as your command-line. I would suggest consulting the Amber 14 manual with regards to the various options in MMPBSA.py.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher