Re: [AMBER] POPC membrane separation.

From: William Hester <william_hester.me.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:32:26 +0000

Hi Ross,

You are correct, the minimisation/ heating was run at NVT and then NPT for the MD. I am inexperienced in biological simulations and haven’t heard of formation vacuum bubbles before. Is there any specific reason for this, during the building of the system for example? I specified the PBC by opening the system in VMD and using the minimax measurement which makes me wonder if the membrane wasn’t sufficiently tightly around the protein?

I checked the XST file during the MD and sure enough the cell dimensions converge to a value of about 5A less in each direction so I have restarted the simulations and no separations! Thank you so much for the help - I’ve been stuck on this for a couple of weeks now!

All the best,
Will