Re: [AMBER] How to save structure at every minimisation/optimization cycle

From: Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:02:14 +0200

Dear Prof Case,

Thanks for help. I tried with xmin minimser, with ntmin=3, and it is
working and is generating out_rst1, out_rst2....Is there any way to control
the output verbosity? I used xmin_verbosity=1, but it gives same as default
(xmin_verbosity=0). I have used following input which runs fine.
 &cntrl
        imin=1, maxcyc=10,
        ntb=1,ntmin =3,
        ntf=1, ntc=2,drms=1.0E-2,
        cut=8.0, ntwr=-1, ntpr=1,
        ifqnt=1,
  /
  &lmod
       lbfgs_memory_depth =5,
       xmin_verbosity=1,
  /
  &qmmm
        qmmask='.5451,6358-6386,6431-6462',
        qmcharge=0,
        qm_theory='EXTERN',
        spin = 2,
        qmcut=8.0,
        writepdb = 1,
        qm_ewald = 0,
  /

  &orc
       method = 'b3lyp',
       basis = '6-31g',
       num_threads = 16,
       maxcore = 4096,
       maxiter = 999,
       convkey = 'NORMALSCF',
 /

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:24 PM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015, Kshatresh Dutta Dubey wrote:
> >
> > I am doing QM/MM optimization using ORCA/amber interface. I want to save
> > the structure at each optimizations cycle but it overwrites the previous
> > optimized structure in 'old.orc_job.dat' and 'orc_job.ges'. I want to
> save
> > the structure and output at every optimizations cycle. Is it possible to
> do
> > with XMIN or lmod minimiser using &lmod namelist?
>
> Setting ntwr = -1 should do this (p 293 of the manual). I don't have any
> experience with this using xmin, so try a short run to see. Let us know if
> this fails--that would be something that should be fixed.
>
> ....dac

With best regards