Re: [AMBER] NVE GPU question

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 06:04:59 -0800

Hi Joe,

Yes you should have nscm=0 here. You should also devise a list of simulations that tests things in a systematic fashion. I would start by trying the CPU code and also DPFP - this will show you the effect of the precision model. As Jason pointed out the dynamic range of the individual forces may be much larger for an ionic liquid due to the high charges. It would help to establish what the dynamic range is compared with a typical protein in water simulation. If the dynamic range is too large then it may be inappropriate for the SPFP precision - at least to the point that you may be losing precision - especially if you have lots of forces of opposite sign that ultimately sum to zero.

All the best
Ross