Re: [AMBER] HBond ANALYSIS

From: Sylvester Tumusiime <stumusii.uno.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:25:00 +0000

Dear Sir,

Thanks once again.

Silver
From: Daniel Roe [daniel.r.roe.gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:49 PM
To: AMBER Mailing List
Subject: Re: [AMBER] HBond ANALYSIS

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Sylvester Tumusiime <stumusii.uno.edu> wrote:
> Supposing i was considering hydrogen bonding between an ion (K+) and my residue (:1), am guessing that it would make best sense in this instance to consider my molecule/residue as the solvent and the ion as my solute to give this as a possible command:
>
> hbond HBONDWat1 out HBONDWat-N1.dat :K+ angle 135 dist 3.0 series \
> solventdonor :1 solventacceptor :1 solvout SOLVOUTWat1.dat

Actually you want just the opposite. The intent of the 'solventdonor'
and 'solventacceptor' keywords is to track "non-specific" hydrogen
bonds, i.e. we only care what the identity of one of the partners is
(the solute). So you can just specify K+ as your "solvent":

hbond HBONDWat1 out HBONDWat-N1.dat :1 angle 135 dist 3.0 series \
  solventdonor :K+ solventacceptor :K+ solvout SOLVOUTWat1.dat

-Dan