Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA Molsurf vs LCPO

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:01:31 -0800

The newer python scripts no longer use molsurf for pb surface calculation.
Instead, it uses the built-in numerical routine of pbsa. You can check the
agreement between the numerical surface routine and molsurf by yourself.
They agree with each other extremely well since both are brute-force
numerical methods strictly following the SAS definition.They are very
different from LCPO, which is a pairwise approximated method.

All the best,

Ray Luo, Ph.D.
Biochemistry, Molecular Biophysics, Chemical Physics,
Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-3900