Re: [AMBER] cpptraj: structures not aligned anymore after 'run' keyword

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:24:30 -0700

Hi,

Jason explained things really well. One other item of interest is that
you can also create COORDS data sets from a run (i.e. with 'trajin'
statements etc) using the createcrd command. This allows you do things
like create the average structure and save the coordinates for later
use in a single run, e.g.

# Rms fit to first and create average structure
parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc
rms :1-7&!.H= first
average avgstruct.rst7
createcrd MyCrd
run
# Now read average structure back in as reference.
# Note the '.1' suffix
reference avgstruct.rst7.1 [avg]
# Fit frames to average structure
crdaction MyCrd rms ref [avg] :1-7&!.H=
# Calculate and diagonalize covariance matrix
crdaction MyCrd matrix covar :1-7&!.H= name myCovar
runanalysis diagmatrix myCovar out evecs.dat vecs 5 name myEvecs
# Now create projections
crdaction MyCrd projection P1 modes myEvecs beg 1 end 5 :1-7&!.H=

Hope this helps as well,

-Dan

PS - Your message (and Jason's response oddly enough) did indeed get
sent to my Gmail spam folder - I need to check that more often...

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah
30 South 2000 East, Room 307