[AMBER] unusual structure after heating. why?

From: Atila Petrosian <atila.petrosian.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:19:33 +0330

Dear amber users

I am calculating binding free energy for my system (protein-ligand complex)
using amber. For this purpose, I used TUTORIAL A3: MM-PBSA
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/index.htm>. I prepared my
*.in files according to this tutorial. Based on section 1 in this tutorial,
I prepared 4 inpcrd and 4 prmtop files as follows (I used antechamber to
prepare inpcrd and prmtop for ligand):

1) protein.prmtop protein.inpcrd

2) ligand.prmtop ligand.inpcrd

3) complex.prmtop complex.inpcrd

4) complex_solvated.prmtop complex_solvated.inpcrd

Before I start MD simulation, I obtained pdb file related to solvated
complex using savepdb command. When I see this file by VMD, all things were
ok (please note the figure in the following link: (
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwfedmbeug1infg/a.png?dl=0). Then I did MD
simulation of the solvated complex as follows:

minimise complex_solvated

 &cntrl

  imin=1,maxcyc=2000,ncyc=2000,

  cut=10.0,ntb=1,

  ntc=2,ntf=2,

  ntpr=100,

  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-98',

  restraint_wt=2.0

 /

After minimization, all things were ok.

heat complex_solvated

 &cntrl

  imin=0,irest=0,ntx=1,

  nstlim=100000,dt=0.002,

  ntc=2,ntf=2,

  cut=10.0, ntb=1,

  ntpr=500, ntwx=500,

  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,

  tempi=0.0, temp0=310.0,

  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-98',

  restraint_wt=2.0,

 /

After heating, when I saw heat.mdcrd file using VMD, unfortunately, I
encountered with unusual structure (please note the figure in the following
link: (https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlsmhoaflpftzgc/b.png?dl=0).

What is the reason of this issue? I don’t use nmropt=1 in the heat.in file.
Is this important?

I am beginner in amber, please help me to resolve this problem.

Any help will highly appreciated.