Re: [AMBER] problem with rdparm in amb2gmx.pl

From: <hannes.loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:51:32 +0000

I am not sure how cpptraj would help. I think it is rather ParmEd that can be used for this purpose. But if you go down this route you may just throw out amb2gmx.pl altogether. It doesn't seem to be maintained anymore.

Alternatively, you could try to use a tool of mine called FEsetup you can find here: http://www.ccpbiosim.ac.uk/flagship#fes . Despite its name and the description on that web page it can also do general simulation setup for various MD engines including Gromacs. As it is currently based on AMBER force fields and tools it also converts a AMBER prmtop to a Gromacs top file (and more, e.g. a full equilibration protocol). If that interests you you can drop me an email off-list to sort things out if necessary.

Cheers,
Hannes.