Re: [AMBER] Using restraints to get a complex

From: <mmaestre.gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 13:56:14 +0800 (CST)

Thanks for the suggestions. What I meant by "nothing happens" is that the simulation with or without the EMAP constraints resulted in secondary structure being completely destroyed. When I checked my trajectory output, the emap energies were given as 0.
Since then, I've checked the test files, and have used the input file from the emap2 test as a basis for mine (see below). This results in EMAP values of around -4500, which sounds much better.
The main difference between the two systems, I think, is that I wasn't originally using SG-langevin dynamics (only langevin thermostatization). That leads me to my next question. From what I read in the manual, I understood that SG-langevin was optional (recommended for large conformational changes) but not absolutely necessary. Am I mistaken in the way I read it? Does that mean that EMAP constraints cannot be used with GPU acceleration?
Although, as I mentioned in a previous post, I have found a way to solve my problems which does not entail EMAP constraints for this particular setup, I am very interested in using them in other systems.
Thanks very much!
Manuel
 &cntrl
  imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,ioutfm=1, ntxo=2, nmropt=1
  ntb=2,pres0=1.0,ntp=1
  taup=2.0,
  ntr=0,ntc=2,ntf=2,
  tempi=300.0,temp0=300.0,ntt=3,ig=-1,gamma_ln=5, nscm=0
  nstlim=1000000,dt=0.002,
  ntpr=1000,ntwx=1000,ntwr=10000, isgld=1, tsgavg=1.0, sgft=0.5,
  cut=8, iemap=1
/
 &ewald
  nfft1=64,nfft2=64,nfft3=64
/
 &emap
   mapfile='cluster2_min4.pdb',atmask=':1-91',fcons=0.02,ifit=1,move=1
/
 &emap
   mapfile='cluster2_min4.pdb',atmask=':128-401',fcons=0.02,ifit=1,move=1
/
 &wt type='DUMPFREQ', istep1=2 /
 &wt type='END' /
DISANG=dist_pbc.RST