Re: [AMBER] Problem regarding Chamber and psf file

From: Pete Kekenes-Huskey <huskeypm.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:36:06 -0400

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your continued help. We have made progress with your
suggestions, but are still confronting problems with SHAKE. Namely,
minimization/equilibration appear to run fine with pmemd (mpi), but the
same equilibration procedure fails with pmemd.cuda (Amber 14):

785: 31632 - 31633 and 787: 31633 - 31634

Hydrogen atom 31633 appears to have multiple bonds to atoms 31632 and 31634
which is illegal for SHAKEH.

Exiting due to the presence of inconsistent SHAKEH hydrogen clusters.

I've verified that the guilty hydrogen should indeed be bonded to both the
oxygen and opposing hydrogen (vmd output below) and that the geometry
appears normal. Oddly, this error is thrown for the TIP3 water with resid
10001, so there are 10K TIP3 waters before that entry that appear to be ok.
The .in file we ran was the following:

 &cntrl

  imin = 0,

  irest = 0,

  ntx = 1,

  ntb = 1,

  cut = 10,

  ntr = 1,

  ntc = 2,

  ntf = 2,

  ig=-1,

  tempi = 0.0,

  temp0 = 300.0,

  ntt = 3,

  gamma_ln = 1.0,

  nstlim = 1000, dt = 0.002,

  watnam='TIP3',OWTNM='OH2',

  hwtnm1='H1',hwtnm2='H2',

  ntpr = 100, ntwx = 100, ntwr = 1000

 /

Hold the protein fixed with weak restraints

10.0

RES 1 90

END

END

/////

I've uploaded all the files we've used to
http://users.mccammon.ucsd.edu/~huskeypm/share/filez.tgz. To summarize, we
created the input files with CHARMM-GUI (in order to be consistent with
previous runs) and the charmm-36 FF. We used parmed (latest version from
the git repo) to obtain prmtop/inpcrd files:

chamber -top toppar/top_all36_prot.rtf -param toppar/par_all36_prot.prm
-str toppar/toppar_water_ions.str -psf step2_solvator.xplor.psf -crd
step2_solvator.crd -box 80.,80.,80.

outparm apo.prmtop apo.inpcrd

Minimizations were done using pmemd. All input files should be in the link
I provided above.

If you're able to look into this and get this running via pmemd.cuda, we'd
be very grateful. I'm sure were missing something subtle, so a third pair
of eyes would be helpful.

Thanks again for your time,

Pete

Is there something else obvious that we are missing?

Info) ------------

Info) molecule id: 0

Info) trajectory frame: 9

Info) name: H2