Re: [AMBER] Which GPU is recommended?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 08:37:00 -0400

On Wed, 2014-10-22 at 11:54 +0100, Alexander Metz wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> it seems the linked GTX780 model (EVGA GeForce GTX780 SuperClocked 3GB) is mostly out of stock.
> Therefore, I would like to ask how important the choice of this particular model is.
> Which other GTX780 models could be recommended,
> or are there certain features to look for or avoid?

The GTX780 chipsets are all the same, regardless of the card
manufacturer. I think the GTX 680 I got several years ago was a
Gigabyte, and it still works great to this day.

The main thing you probably want to avoid are overclocked GPUs, since
those are more likely to be unstable under heavy load.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher