[AMBER] Heating Problem

From: jinfeng liu <jinfengliu1119.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 11:49:21 -0700

Dear Amber users,

I want to run constant pH MD simulations for one protein, which contains a
ligand, in explicit water with Amber14. First, I minimized the system with
a constraint on the protein backbone atoms, and there was nothing wrong in
the minimization. Then I wanted to heat the system from 0 K to 300 K. But
the system always collapsed, and the heating procedure died. I guess it is
the ligand's problem, because when I heated the system without the ligand,
it could safely heat to 300 K. I calculated the atomic charges of the
ligand in AM1-BCC charge model with antechamber, and I think there was
nothing wrong in this process. And I have checked the initial structure of
ligand, it looked reasonable. Can anyone tell me why ? The following is the
heating input file:

Explicit solvent initial heating mdin
 &cntrl
   imin=0, irest=0, ntx=1,