Re: [AMBER] Which GPU is recommended?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 12:16:04 -0700

Hi Qiao,

Please see the following page for info on GPU accelerated AMBER - this
includes a list of supported hardware (there are also benchmarks available
for the various GPU models).

http://ambermd.org/gpus/

and

http://ambermd.org/gpus/recommended_hardware.htm#hardware

At the bottom of this page is a shopping list for Amazon should you wish
to build your own system.

In your case your best option being budget conscious is a GTX780 (or
GTX980 once we release an update with support for it - in a few weeks). I
do NOT recommend the GTX780TI models since experience shows that they can
be unreliable (the CAS memory refresh rate is too high). The GeForce cards
tend to be okay for extended use - if you plan on putting them in a
cluster though you might want to consider purchasing complete nodes
through a vendor that supports GeForce cards in production systems - For
example the systems offered by Exxact on the above page - which then
include a 3 year warranty - otherwise you just have the standard component
warranty on the GPU itself (1 year?).

Hope that helps,

All the best
Ross