Re: [AMBER] Building Amber 14 for Intel PHIs

From: Baker D.J. <D.J.Baker.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:44:18 +0000

Hi Ross,

Thank you for your reply. At the moment we are waiting for a site/ group license so that we can download, install and make Amber 14 available to our users. Actually Amber is only used by one research group in the university and I (the cluster administrator) am waiting for the group PI to purchase the license. One of PhD students in the group had been given that development version so that he could do some preliminary calculations/benchmarks in advance of the production version. Technically, I guess I should not really be experimenting with his development copy (apologies if that is the case), and from what you say I might be best to wait for the license and the production version anyway. In this instance I was using a very recent version (v15) of the Intel compilers, however as you say I might need to consider updating my GNU tools.

We have some PHIs installed in our cluster and we are keen to evaluate how to Amber 14 performs on these cards. Potentially our Amber users would be keen to make use of the PHI cards if the performance of the package is good. In a similar respect they made excellent use of our GPU nodes. If you could please supply a development version, suitable for PHI cards, to be used on a strictly private basis then that would be greatly appreciated. Of course, I would also need to be able to run Amber 14 on our conventional x86_64 hardware by way of comparison.

Best regards -- David.