Re: [AMBER] amber12 Installation Error MAC OS X

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 16:27:14 -0400

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014, BERGY wrote:

> I am trying to install AMBER12 and AMBERTOOLS13 in my MAC10.9 and geeting
> the following error. I compiled it using"../configure --with-netcdf /my
> whateverpath/ gnu"
>
> Starting installation of Amber12 (serial) at Tue 7 Oct 2014 12:45:47 MDT.
>
> cd lib && /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make install
>
> /bin/sh: line 0: cd: lib: Not a directory

Go to $AMBERHOME/src and type "ls -l lib", and "file lib". Can you get any
clues about what kind of file this is; does the date at which is way created
offer any clues?

Since Amber12 was released before MacOS 10.9 was, I'm guessing that you may
have detritus left over from earlier compilations in the same directory tree.
Is that possible? The simplest thing to try is to re-extract the files from
the original tarballs into a fresh directory, and try to re-install things.

Living slightly more dangerously, you could remove "lib" (or rename it); the
configure script will recreate the needed directory (as I remember).

Upgrading to Amber14 is another possibility--it will bring in a ton of
improvements.

...good luck...dac