Re: [AMBER] bash scripting for MD tasks

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:22:35 +0200

after some tests the idea with inner and outer loops have not been good
because it's launched each simulation on each GPUS (as was expected :) )
even in case of the presence of the WAIT in GPU inner loop- I think some
option must be also provided to terminate GPU (inner) loop after its first
processing for each md job (outter looping)

n=2 # set the number of available GPUs
#run each simulation of the free GPU
for sim in $simulations/* ; do
 for ((i=0;i<n-1;i++)); do
  export CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES "$i"
  simulation=$(basename "$sim")
  pushd $sim
  chmod +x ./${simulation}.Sh
  echo "Simulation of ${simulation} on ${i} GPU is in a progress!"
  ./${simulation}.Sh &
  # add some command which will forgive to put the same simulation on the
same GPU- force loop rermination
  popd
 done
 wait