Re: [AMBER] cpptraj/parmbox

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 11:21:42 -0600

Hi,

You've come across a corner case. The problem is that since the
trajectory only contains box lengths (no angles), cpptraj by default
checks the topology to determine what kind of box is present. However,
since you are presumably using your PDB file as your topology (which
has no box info), cpptraj doesn't know what kind of box it is. In the
end the coordinates are read in fine, but the box information is not
used because cpptraj doesn't assume the box is orthogonal.

The 'parmbox' command can help, but since you only gave it lengths
(not angles) it still has no idea what the box type is. Add 'alpha 90
beta 90 gamma 90' to the 'parmbox' command to set an orthogonal box.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

--