Re: [AMBER] neutralizing systems for AMBER TI

From: Lawrenz, Morgan <mlawrenz.amgen.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:23:19 +0000

Thanks for the help, I'm actually not dealing with a transformation that changes the net charge on the system - which does open up these issues you describe.
My protein keeps the same charge in both end lambda states but I was thrown off by the setup of the TI calcs in AMBER14 with the combined PDB, where you duplicate the system (so 2 proteins, one with the mutated residue). In leap it sees both, so complains of a total charge that is double what a single protein carries and would need double the ions. I thought that the alchemical implementation would be only seeing one full system during simulation, but was not sure there was no other way it could be setting up the end states from the combined pdb file. Making the merged topology files with the parmed.py utility makes that more clear.