Re: [AMBER] bash scripting for MD tasks

From: Anselm Horn <Anselm.Horn.biochem.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:43:17 +0200

Hi James,

to obtain a list of all CYX residues in your pdb file in consecutive
numbering, you could do something like the following:

grep ATOM XXXX.pdb | grep CA | awk 'BEGIN{n=0}{n++; if ($4=="CYX"){print
n}}'

When you are sure, that only two CYX entries exist in your file, you
could simply used the 'head' and 'tail' command to extract the two numbers:

cyx1=`grep ATOM XXXX.pdb | grep CA | awk 'BEGIN{n=0}{n++; if
($4=="CYX"){print n}}' | head -n 1`
cyx2=`grep ATOM XXXX.pdb | grep CA | awk 'BEGIN{n=0}{n++; if
($4=="CYX"){print n}}' | tail -n 1`

Maybe this helps.

Regards,

Anselm