Re: [AMBER] Suitability of MMPBSA to intercalator binding. 3-trajectory no improvement over 1-trajectory?

From: Keiran Rowell <k.rowell.unsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:49:15 +0000

Dear Vlad, Jason,

Thank you for quick and helpful responses! I was just using the default linear PB solve in MMPBSA, I'll have a dig into the non-linear solvers I can see why that'd matter for a charged system.

It was the large std. dev. increase which concerned me, but I'll see how that drops with tweaking. Getting okay entropic values is what I'm most concerned with, because I have FMO/MP2 calculations as well for interaction energies.

Sorry my sentence should have said that I strip all solvent *and* ions before doing MMPBSA on the trajectory, though I'll run the both complexed and uncomplexed DNA with the same amount of counter-ions from now on.

Thanks again,

Keiran