Re: [AMBER] CUDA version still not working

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:30:04 -0600

Hi,

I believe Amber 12 will work with CUDA 5.5, although 5.0 is
recommended for performance reasons (which has already been discussed
at length on this mailing list). CUDA 6.5 will *only* work with Amber
14, but again for performance reasons 5.0 is still recommended.

(CUDA/GPU experts correct me if I'm wrong).

-Dan

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> Now I am confused, I understood we needed to updated CUDA 5.5 to 6.5, but as you point out we found that 6.5 does not work.
>
> So for amber 12 which version of CUDA will work properly? 5.5?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fabian
>

> _______________________________
> Fabian Glaser, PhD
>
> Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
> Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
>
> The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary
> Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
> Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
> Haifa 32000, ISRAEL
>
> fglaser.technion.ac.il
> Tel: +972 4 8293701
> Fax: +972 4 8225153
>
> On Sep 21, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 21, 2014, at 8:51 AM, Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il> wrote:
>>
>>> But Ross,
>>>
>>> We are trying to compile CUDA with AMBER 12 not 14, is it obligatory to use version 14?
>>>
>>> I thought version 12 was OK.
>>
>> Amber 12 should still work fine. You can’t use CUDA 6.5. It’s still important to be able to download and apply updates, though. If you connect through a proxy, update_amber should still be able to accommodate you.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Jason
>>
>> --
>> Jason M. Swails