Re: [AMBER] Suitability of MMPBSA to intercalator binding. 3-trajectory no improvement over 1-trajectory?

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:36:06 +0200

Are you using linear or non-linear PB? Given the protocol you describe, the values based on a single trajectory are probably not reasonable .... In my experience with protein-DNA, a protocol with nonlinear PB, internal dielectric >= 4 is crucial. Besides, INP=1 may give good trends but we dont get anywhere close to the reasonable values we get with INP=2 ... Again this is based on protein-DNA binding, things may be different with intercalating drugs.

Our basic protocol for protein-DNA is described here
http://www.cell.com/structure/abstract/S0969-2126(14)00206-8

We do see that more independent simulations greatly help improve the convergence of the calculations (each of which reasonably long though). We are preparing a manuscript with lots of details on how different parameters influence MMPBSA results for protein-DNA but it will take probably a couple of months until publication

Hope this helps
Vlad