Re: [AMBER] Distance restraint

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:15:09 +0100

OK, but you can't 'predict' a transition state with MM only, as your atoms
(vdW spheres) will start overlapping well before you get to that, and your
MM energies are thus not going to be a reliable estimate of the 'real'
energy difference. So my comments still apply. Also, you will need to think
carefully about the reaction mechanism - there may well be more than just
one bond formation (perhaps a proton transfer as well?). This obviously
depends on the exact chemical reaction you're interested in.
Just trying out the restraint in MM (when the distance is still reasonably
large) is of course not a bad idea.
--Marc