Re: [AMBER] CHAMBER: problem with water and swissparam generated ligand

From: Sarah Witzke <witzke.sdu.dk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:47:32 +0000

Hi Eric,

I had a quick look at your attached files.
For me, the problem with your .psf file is the xplor "atom reference numbers" (or what they are correctly called) for TIP3P:

>From your .psf file:
      73 WC 8013 TIP3 OH2 75 -0.834000 15.9994 0
      74 WC 8013 TIP3 H1 4 0.417000 1.0080 0
      75 WC 8013 TIP3 H2 4 0.417000 1.0080 0

>From a new version of the .psf file:
      73 W 8013 TIP3 OH2 3 -0.834000 15.9994 0
      74 W 8013 TIP3 H1 1 0.417000 1.0080 0
      75 W 8013 TIP3 H2 1 0.417000 1.0080 0

Notice 75,4,4 vs. 3,1,1.

Do you use the same topology file for TIP3P for when you use psfgen to get the .psf files as when you run chamber?

I have made new pdf files (both charmm and xplor type) and have run them successful through chamber in ParmEd.

As for the -verbose/no verbose and cmap/nocmap problems I do not know.

Hope you find a solution.

Kind regards,
Sarah