Re: [AMBER] Amber12 serial test failure

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:27:06 -0400

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 14:01 -0400, Samaneh Ghassabi Kondalaji wrote:
> Dear Amber Users
> I compiled the serial version of Amber12 as root on a wheezy Debian
> machine (kernel Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64) having all pre-installed packages with
> right versions (gfortran,..) but after I "make test", I got 189 file
> comparisons failed and 1 test experienced errors with or without ECC
> enabled.
> mainboard: supermicro H8QG7-LN4F (recommended Linux OS: Ubuntu server,
> RedHat)
> Memory: Crucial 4GB, unbuffered ECC (32 GB overal)
> Processor: Opteron 6276 (64 cores)
> Any suggestions please?

Sure, two suggestions.

1. Don't install as root. It's risky.

2. Give us more information so we can make more informed guesses.

e.g., what tests fail? What test has an error? Are these the serial
tests? Parallel tests? Are the differences large? What compilers are
you using (including versions)? What configure line did you use? Any
"special" options?

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University