[AMBER] FW: about trajectory unwrap

From: Kong, Ren <rkong.houstonmethodist.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:06:34 +0000

Hi all,

I ran a 4 ns MD simulation and did the RMSD analysis. I found a few frames having very large RMSD, such as 27.4 Å while the others were normal (~3 Å).
I thought it would be the discontinued trajectory problem as I used IWRP=1 in MD input file.
Then I used following commands in order to map the frames to the original cell according to the AmberTools manual:

trajin ../../macro_prod1.nc 3000 4000
trajout macro_prod1_noWAT2.mdcrd
unwrap :1-259 ### 1-259 is the number of residues of the protein in my simulation system.
center :1-259 mass origin
image center origin familiar
strip :WAT,Na+
go

However, after all these steps, I still got the trajectory with some of frames having large RMSD (27.4 Å).
And when I viewed the output trajectory by VMD, I found the protein jumped out of view for a while.
Could anyone tell me how to get a continuous trajectory?

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Ren Kong

Houston Methodist. Leading Medicine. Houston Methodist is ranked by U.S.News & World Report as one of America's "Best Hospitals" in 11 specialties and designated as a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing. Houston Methodist has also been named to FORTUNE® Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For®" list for nine years in a row. Visit us at houstonmethodist.org. Follow us at twitter.com/MethodistHosp and facebook.com/HoustonMethodist. ***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*** This e-mail is the property of Houston Methodist and/or its relevant affiliates and may contain restricted and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.