[AMBER] Trajectory analysis using ptraj

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 10:45:44 +0200

Dear Amber users!

I've faced with some problems during processing of the trajectories using
ptraj (I'm dealing with the simulation of membrane embedded protein using
amber12 + amber -tools -12 for the analysing)

1) need to remove periodicity and wrapping from my trajectory

trajin md.nc 1000 last 5
reference protein.inpcrd
unwrap
center :1-289 mass origin
image origin center

# write new trajectory
trajout md_proc.nc netcdf nobox
rms reference :1-289.CA out rmsd.dat
outtraj afterRMSD.nc

using the above inpuit file my trajectory seems OK but water constantly
diffuse from and to the boundaries of the system.

if I remove 'unwrap' that the no problem with water but my system wrapping
along the Z direction.

2) if I chose possibility to save trajectory after RMSD fitting
trajin md.nc 1000 last 5
reference protein.inpcrd
rms reference :1-289.CA out rmsd.dat
outtraj afterRMSD.nc

it has produced correct RMSD.dat output but no any processed trajectory
afterRMSD.nc has been appeared in the work dir.

Thanks for help,

James