Re: [AMBER] diffusion in octahedron box

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 08:09:50 -0400

On Fri, 2014-09-05 at 12:55 +0100, newamber list wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am just confused about warning in diffusion command.
>
> "Warning: diffusion command currently only works with orthogonal boxes."
>
> So does this mean it works for only rectangular boxes (alpha, beta, gamma =
> 90) only but manual says something regarding orthorhombic box. I am not
> sure if it works with octahedron box?
>
> Then how one can do it with octahedron box

Pay attention to the entire warning. It should have said something
like:

Warning: diffusion command currently only works with orthogonal boxes.
Warning: imaging will be disabled for this command. This may result in
Warning: large jumps if target molecule is imaged. To counter this please
Warning: use the 'unwrap' command prior to 'diffusion'.

So the solution is to follow the advice there -- use the "unwrap"
command prior to the diffusion command.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University